Contact us and visiting
Get in touch Planning a visit Tours and groups
Opening hours and location
10 am – 5 pm, Wednesday to Sunday.
Closed Sunday 24 December 2023
Note: The Gallery operates on AEDT (1 hour ahead of QLD during daylight savings).
Entry is free. Bookings are required for groups of 10 or more people.
Daily guided tours start at 11:30 am. Gallery Guides will arrive at Claude Monet's Meules, milieu du jour [Haystacks, midday] at 12pm for Monet at midday and then continue the tour of the gallery.
Tours are approximately 45 - 55 min. Numbers may be limited at the Guides discretion - read more about guided tours
View café opening hours
The Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre is located just outside Murwillumbah, only a short drive from the Gold Coast to the north and Byron Bay to the south.
2 Mistral Road (corner Tweed Valley Way)
Murwillumbah South, NSW 2484 Australia
Get in touch
Postal address: PO Box 816, Murwillumbah NSW 2484 Australia
Phone: 02 6670 2790
Car parking and accessibility
The Gallery has accessible facilities, including a lift and set down area close to the front doors of the Gallery, undercover parking and a bus parking area. The Gallery provides the following:
- wheelchair access to the Gallery, the Gallery Café and the facilities - wheelchairs are available free of charge, and can be pre-booked by calling 02 6670 2790
- undercover disabled car parking spaces opposite the lift on the lower level
- undercover car spaces on the lower level and off street uncovered parking on Mistral Road
- the Betty Marks Family research library - in the Margaret Olley Art Centre.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- Food and drinks are only to be consumed in the cafe and must not be carried into the Gallery. Water bottles can be check-in at Reception.
- Smoking or vaping is not permitted in the Gallery. Please use the designated smoking area located across from the main entrance only.
- Any large bags eg. backpacks must be checked in at Reception.
- Photography for personal use is permitted except where specifically prohibited. Please do not use a flash.
- Children under 12 years of age must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Some artwork may not be suitable for viewing by children. Please refer to specific exhibition signage.
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, roller skates/blades are not permitted in the Gallery.
- Mobility Scooters, strollers and wheelchairs are permitted.
- Only accredited service dogs are permitted. Please carry your valid ID card and ensure dogs are wearing a vest at all times.
Tours and group bookings
Daily guided tours
Public Gallery Tours are currently being offered daily by our Volunteer Guides at 11:30 am.
Gallery Guides will arrive at Claude Monet's Meules, milieu du jour [Haystacks, midday] at 12pm for Monet at midday and then continue the tour of the gallery.
Numbers may be limited, at the Guides discretion. Tours are approximately 45 - 55 min.
Larger group visits and tours
Bookings are required for groups of 10 or more people. Please use the group booking form below. Your booking will be complete when you receive a confirmation email from Tweed Regional Gallery staff. Note: Cafe reservations need to be booked directly with Apex Dining.
To book a visit to the Gallery with your students please complete the school booking form.
Bus services and timetables
For bus services between Byron Bay and Murwillumbah, contact the Byron Visitor Centre on 02 6680 8558 or visit their website at visitbyronbay.com.
For further tourism information head to visitthetweed.com.au.
Tweed Regional Gallery is a proud member of The Welcome Here Project and is welcoming and inclusive of LGBTIQ+ communities.