Contact us and visiting
Changes to the conditions of entry came into effect on 24 December 2021, including a requirement to check in with QR code and wear face masks inside - view details below.
Get in touch Planning a visit Tours and groups
Opening hours and location
To manage our resources and keep our community safe while there is a growing number of active cases of COVID-19 within our region, Gallery opening hours will be temporarily reduced from Wednesday 12 January.
Temporary opening hours:
10.30 am – 2.30 pm (Wednesday to Sunday)
Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 11.30 am (maximum 4 attendees per tour)
View café opening hours
The Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre is located just outside Murwillumbah, only a short drive from the Gold Coast to the north and Byron Bay to the south.
2 Mistral Road (corner Tweed Valley Way)
Murwillumbah South, NSW 2484 Australia
Note: The Gallery operates on AEDT during daylight savings (1 hour ahead of QLD).
Get in touch
Postal address: PO Box 816, Murwillumbah NSW 2484 Australia
Phone: 02 6670 2790
Visits to the Gallery
If you are planning a visit to the Gallery, here's what you need to know:
- stay home if you are unwell
- face masks must be worn inside the Gallery
- check-in before entry with QR code
- stay 1.5 metres away from others at all times - 2 square metre rule applies
- only one person or household can use the lift at a time
- wash/sanitise your hands frequently
- be kind and respectful to each other and to our staff and friendly volunteers.
- cashless payments are encouraged in the Gallery Shop
- capacity limits for exhibition spaces are in place
- increased cleaning in place and hand sanitiser placed throughout the Gallery.
Car parking and accessibility
The Gallery has accessible facilities, including a lift and set down area close to the front doors of the Gallery, undercover parking and a bus parking area. The Gallery provides the following:
- wheelchair access to the Gallery, the Gallery Café and the facilities - 2 wheelchairs are available free of charge, and can be pre-booked by calling 02 6670 2790
- undercover disabled car parking spaces opposite the lift on the lower level
- undercover car spaces on the lower level and off street uncovered parking on Mistral Road
- the Betty Marks Family research library - in the Margaret Olley Art Centre.
Tours and group bookings
Public Gallery Tours are currently being offered by our Volunteer Guides on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 11 am. Numbers on each tour are strictly limited. Places can be reserved upon arrival.
Tours for visiting groups are currently suspended in line with COVID-safe requirements.
Bookings are required for groups of 10 or more people. Email email@example.com to request a group booking with the following information: date of visit; arrival and departure time (AEST); number of guests; and any special requirements, including café access (note café will need to be booked separately).
Bus groups should refer to the COVID Safe information for bus groups visiting Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre(PDF, 428KB).
Bus services and timetables
For bus services between Byron Bay and Murwillumbah, contact the Byron Visitor Centre on 02 6680 8558 or visit their website at visitbyronbay.com.
For further tourism information head to visitthetweed.com.au