Contact us and visiting
Get in touch Planning a visit Tours and groups
Opening hours and location
10 am – 5 pm, Wednesday to Sunday
Note: The Gallery operates on AEDT (1 hour ahead of QLD during daylight savings).
Entry is free. Bookings are required for groups of 10 or more people.
Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 11:30 am (maximum 6 attendees per tour) - read more about guided tours
View café opening hours
The Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre is located just outside Murwillumbah, only a short drive from the Gold Coast to the north and Byron Bay to the south.
2 Mistral Road (corner Tweed Valley Way)
Murwillumbah South, NSW 2484 Australia
Get in touch
Postal address: PO Box 816, Murwillumbah NSW 2484 Australia
Phone: 02 6670 2790
Visits to the Gallery
If you are planning a visit to the Gallery, here's what you need to know:
- stay home if you are unwell
- stay 1.5 metres away from others where possible - 2 square metre rule applies
- wash/sanitise your hands frequently - hand sanitiser placed throughout the Gallery.
- be kind and respectful to each other and to our staff and friendly volunteers.
- cashless payments are encouraged in the Gallery Shop
Car parking and accessibility
The Gallery has accessible facilities, including a lift and set down area close to the front doors of the Gallery, undercover parking and a bus parking area. The Gallery provides the following:
- wheelchair access to the Gallery, the Gallery Café and the facilities - 2 wheelchairs are available free of charge, and can be pre-booked by calling 02 6670 2790
- undercover disabled car parking spaces opposite the lift on the lower level
- undercover car spaces on the lower level and off street uncovered parking on Mistral Road
- the Betty Marks Family research library - in the Margaret Olley Art Centre.
Tours and group bookings
Public Gallery Tours are currently being offered by our Volunteer Guides on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 11:30 am. Numbers on each tour are strictly limited. Places can be reserved upon arrival.
Bookings are required for groups of 10 or more people. Please use the group booking form below. Your booking will be complete when you receive a confirmation email from Tweed Regional Gallery staff. Note: the café will need to be booked directly with the café by calling 02 6672 5088.
Bus services and timetables
For bus services between Byron Bay and Murwillumbah, contact the Byron Visitor Centre on 02 6680 8558 or visit their website at visitbyronbay.com.
For further tourism information head to visitthetweed.com.au